So here’s my FBFF questions for this week. As usual Katy has chosen a bunch of great questions. If you want to get involved take yourself over to ModlyChic and sign up. You can also find the posts of all the over participants there. Go check them out!
1. Have you ever looked at someone's blog and thought yours will never measure up?
I used to. Recently though I’ve become more confident in my ability especially on the writing and presentation side. I think its all too easy to compare yourself to others but its important to find your own voice and not be too influenced by other peoples blogs.
2. Do you (did you) feel pressure to meet some kind of undefined standard for fashion bloggers?
Not really especially as so many different types of blogs are popular. Different readers have different tastes. I think people like fashion blogs to get to know the writer on a more personal level so for me letting my personality shine through is much more important than some undefined standard.
3. Many established fashion bloggers are also extraordinary DIYers, bakers, and crafty people. Do you think you need to combine all of these things to be successful at blogging?
No I don't. Its all about playing to your strengths and blogging about things your passionate about. I’d feel a bit of a fraud posting about crafty stuff as I’m not really crafty. There are plenty of popular bloggers who just blog about fashion. I love reading blogs that incorporate these aspects but I also love reading ones that are purely fashion based.
4. The most successful blogs are the ones that have their own personal voice - how are you developing your voice or how did you find yours?
I just speak from within myself I write like I speak about subjects that I'm passionate about. I think that really is key. It took me a while to find my voice but when I did my blog drastically improved.
5. Toot your own horn... what's one thing you do that is unique to you and your blog? What gives your blog an edge?
Where else can you read posts on Chinas influence on the fashion world, are Asian models a fad? all interspersed with OOTD posts, information on up and coming designers and see the latest Japanese beauty gadgets? My blog is original and I think that’s its biggest selling point.