Friday, January 7, 2011

FBFF–Blogger Envy

 

So here’s my FBFF questions for this week. As usual Katy has chosen a bunch of great questions. If you want to get involved take yourself over to ModlyChic and sign up. You can also find the posts of all the over participants there. Go check them out!

1. Have you ever looked at someone's blog and thought yours will never measure up?

I used to. Recently though I’ve become more confident in my ability especially on the writing and presentation side. I think its all too easy to compare yourself to others but its important to find your own voice and not be too influenced by other peoples blogs.

2. Do you (did you) feel pressure to meet some kind of undefined standard for fashion bloggers?

Not really especially as so many different types of blogs are popular. Different readers have different tastes. I think people like fashion blogs to get to know the writer on a more personal level so for me letting my personality shine through is much more important than some undefined standard.

3. Many established fashion bloggers are also extraordinary DIYers, bakers, and crafty people. Do you think you need to combine all of these things to be successful at blogging?

No I don't. Its all about playing to your strengths and blogging about things your passionate about. I’d feel a bit of a fraud posting about crafty stuff as I’m not really crafty. There are plenty of popular bloggers who just blog about fashion. I love reading blogs that incorporate these aspects but I also love reading ones that are purely fashion based.

4. The most successful blogs are the ones that have their own personal voice - how are you developing your voice or how did you find yours?

I just speak from within myself I write like I speak about subjects that I'm passionate about. I think that really is key. It took me a while to find my voice but when I did my blog drastically improved.

5. Toot your own horn... what's one thing you do that is unique to you and your blog? What gives your blog an edge?

Where else can you read posts on Chinas influence on the fashion world, are Asian models a fad? all interspersed with OOTD posts, information on up and coming designers and see the latest Japanese beauty gadgets? My blog is original and I think that’s its biggest selling point.

11 comments:

  1. So nice to get to know you better through your answers.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great answers :)
    & I think that you do a great job keeping your blog original.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #4 rocks sweetie.....happy to be a part of this awesome group now:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your boost in confidence has definitely shown through!! I really enjoyed reading your answers :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your answer to #2. There are so many different niches and types of readers so we really shouldn't feel the pressure or need to compete. Great, honest answers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great answers! And I love your confidence as a blogger. In response to #5, you're right! I have no idea where else I can get this particular mix of topics.

    Kendra
    http://closetconfections.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your answer to question 2... I think that the fact you can build a personal connection with the author of a blog is what makes this medium of fashion reporting so special.

    ReplyDelete
  8. REally love this answers!! I love reading about other blogger and FBFF makes it available to us!! thanks for sharing
    <3
    http://reserveradefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree that authenticity and being yourself if a blogger's greatest gift. After all, nobody else is you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are right, the key is to write about things you are passionate about. I've loved seeing your posts in IFB - you clearly have found some unique things to talk about.
    It is nice to see what other people are up to, of course, but sometimes I think it would be easier to just write a blog without influence, so you can just really be yourself. Keep up your good work.

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete

i love comments i check out all your blogs :)