Sunday, January 23, 2011

I Love Japanese Fashion Mags!!

The title says it all. You all know how I love Japanese Vogue but its not the only Japanese magazine that I love so today i’m going to introduce you to 3 other Japanese magazines that I love – Kera, Blenda and Ageha.

Kera is less mainstream and more of an alternative type magazine which includes quite a lot of lolita fashion and visual kei. It also features hairstyles, makeup and streetstyle photos.



uk beauty blog japanese magazines


japmag5

uk beauty blog japanese magazines

Blenda is a magazine more aimed at oneegyaru or older sister gal. Its well liked by women in their twenties as the fashion is a bit more sophisicated and grown up. It also features hair and makeup tips.



uk beauty blog japanese magazines

uk beauty blog japanese magazines

uk beauty blog japanese magazines

Lastly we have Ageha which as you can tell by the sparkly girly cover it has a younger audience than Blenda. Hime Gyarus (princess gal) love this magazine and it too has a lot of makeup and hair tutorials too. That’s a common theme in Japanese mags aimed at young women. The thing i love about their hair and makeup tutorials are that they are very clearly illustrated so even If you can’t read Japanese you’ll be able to follow them.



japmag7

uk beauty blog japanese magazines

uk beauty blog japanese magazines

So there you have it 3 of my favorite Japanese mags. But there is one thing I despise about Japanese mags and its this :

uk beauty blog japanese magazines

Japanese magazines are obsessed with weight. As you can see from the before pictures the girls were already slim but now they look anorexic. Every Japanese mag i’ve read has a feature like this and its rather sickening. If you thought western magazines were size focused that’s nothing compared to Japanese magazines. For more info on Japanese womens obsession with skinnyness read here.

19 comments:

  1. except for the body issues, I also love japanese fashion magazines. My favorite is "Cutie", esp b/c a couple issues of it I've gotten (by which I mean all 2 that I've owned) came with a "free" gift, one being a super cute zip up pouch. I'm always sad, though, that I can't understand the text

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Japanese magazines ... sad to see what I presume are photoshopped unhealthy girls: so exaggerated it must be or they need immediate help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG girl these magazines look so cool!!! So fun and spunky!
    I am hoping to go to Fashion Week in Sept too so we HAVE to meet up if I do! That way we can finally take each other to lunch!!!!
    I hope you are going to document your blogger meetup, I so want to see pics!!

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can only see pictures because I don't understand a word.. hahahah
    Japanese fashion is very cool
    lee x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Japanese fashion is very quirky and fun but the obsession with skinniness is not healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's too skinny to me , unhealthy slim is really bad :(

    http://adiabraun.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not Japanese so I can't read one but I always buy magazines for fashion :)

    first giveaway: Hard Candy makeup products
    at: http://pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cant read them either but i love looking at the fashion too and of course the hair & makeup tutorials!

    ReplyDelete
  9. exactly but unfortunately those sorts of ads are widespread in japanese fashion mags xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love japanese fashion its soo original.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My thoughts exactly and diet pill adverts are prevalent in japanese mags even ones aimed at teen girls :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Japanese magazines have awesome free gifts :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. yea i think its photoshopped - soo shocking!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I squealed a bit when I saw you posted the Kera Cover. i' such a fan of the two people on the front (Kera model/singer/voice actress Neeko and oshare-kei band SuG's Takeru.

    On another note, Ageha and Blenda are probably aimed at similar age groups, it's just they just happen to be aimed at different audiences.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i have scans of the whole mag if you want the pages of the spread on those two xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. They look great, esp. the first one. interesting how older sister gal is pretty much like standard western fashion!and eurgh, the weight loss stuff is horrible! very sad to hear there is a widespread obsession with weight!

    ReplyDelete
  17. very original fashion, Japanese are very creative.. they really have an artistic talent in fashion, no wonder other countries follow their styles.. thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These magazines are very cool!!

    ReplyDelete

i love comments i check out all your blogs :)