Sunday, February 20, 2011

London Fashion Week Day 1

So I'm finally home from London Fashion Week I only attended the first 2 days as I didn’t want to leave my kids for too long. I have to say I had a brilliant time. For me though the thing that made it so fun was hanging out with the other bloggers.

My day began at 12.00 pm with the Prophetik show. It was a brilliant experience and the show was mind blowing. I was sat just a few rows back from the catwalk. They began the show with an exhilarating performance by an energetic violinist. The passion she displays while playing is truly inspirational.

uk beauty blog london fashion week

Then it was down to the actual show. The telegraphs fashion director was sat front row just seats away from the fabulous Disney Roller Girl. The collection itself was amazing with a distinct Georgian feel to it in vibrant hues in luxurious fabrics. The garments are very earthy and scream of romanticism you can actually imagine running through a forest wearing their dresses with the earth under your feet. The best part of all is that Prophetik is an eco conscious brand and is also a fave of Colin Firths wife Livia.

uk beauty blog london fashion week

022

uk beauty blog london fashion week

uk beauty blog london fashion week

056

uk beauty blog london fashion week

uk beauty blog london fashion week

uk beauty blog london fashion week

133

uk beauty blog london fashion week

uk beauty blog london fashion week

After the show I met up with the fabulous Akeela, Sarah and Lira.

143

I really love these girlies they are so friendly and welcoming.

After we’d rested for a while we were joined by super knowledgeable Katie and had a look around the masses of exhibitions where I was totally besotted by the work of designer Elizabeth Lau.

161

162

163

And here is the gorgeous designer herself. Isn’t she adorable? and her hair is lovely too – she was so friendly I totally think she rocks.

160

So that’s what I got up to on day 1. Stay tuned as tomorrow I'll show you what I got up to on day 2 including the Jaeger show and some pics of some familiar faces.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you're having a fabulous time! LOVING that heart necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is so awesome that you got to experience something like that. Looking at the pictures that you took gave me goosebumps just thinking about the opening from the energetic violinist. The collection is breath taking and I glad you chose it to share with us your pictures. I love the first sweater with the cute girl on the front, it look so comfortable and cozy, but yet still chic. Bloggers like yourself give me inspiration. Crossing my fingers that I'll get to cover fashion shows in London as well as Paris. BRAVO!!

    http://fashionfyoozdculture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

i love comments i check out all your blogs :)