Saturday, July 9, 2011

Review–Murad Energizing Pomegranate Lip Protector


On Thursday night I had the pleasure of attending iFabbo's UK launch party which was an opportunity for bloggers and brands to get together over cupcakes and cocktails. It was a fab event and I thoroughly enjoyed it. One of the brands in attendance was dermatological skincare brand Murad. I’ve heard of the brand before but always thought it was ‘just another skincare brand’ but the passion for the brand that was demonstrated by their representative won me over. We all took home a bag of goodies from the event and the lip protector was one of them. I eventually hope to review all the products I received but that may take a while as I received so many.
So first of all this is what the product looks like:-
007

Simple but effective, not entirely dissimilar to Lancome Juicy Tubes. I was glad to see that the packaging is transparent so that you can actually see what colour the product is.
This product has a delicious smelling fruity scent but it is not overpowering. The texture is slightly greasy but once applied the greasiness absorbs within minutes. This product is very fast acting as my lips felt a lot softer within half an hour of application. They claim it exfoliates lips and this seems to ring true as all the flakiness I used to suffer from on my lips has disappeared and my lips feel smooth all over and I've only been using this for two days.
010
I also like the look of this on my lips.It gives them a subtle sheen and I will probably start using this as a lip gloss replacement. It has a slight pinkish hue to it which would make it the perfect product for a paired down neutral look.
Advantages
  • Softens and moisturises
  • Hydrates
  • Lovely scent
  • Contains SPF
  • Absorbs quickly and easily
Disadvantages
  • Slightly greasy on application
Overall :- 4.5/5
All in all I'm very happy with the results of this lip protector and I would definitely buy it when my current one runs out.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like a great product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good one! Never heard of the brand so thanks for sharing this. The colour looks like the type of gloss I go for, transparent with a hint of colour, so this one would really interest me. Lately it's more miss than hit when it comes to me buying lipglosses.

    ReplyDelete

i love comments i check out all your blogs :)