Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Nail Art - Dotty About Dalmations

uk beauty blog nail art

 

uk beauty blog nail art

As long time readers will know I have been a fan of nail artist extraordinaire Sophy Robson for quite some time. I even interviewed her and was immediately struck by the passion and dedication she brings to her job and we both share an insane love of Japanese 3D nail art.

Last February sophy did the nails for the Topshop Unique show for AW11. The nails became as big a hit as the clothes and I can see why. Dalmation nails ARE the hottest nail art trend for AW so of course I had to try them for myself and they are suprisingly easy to do. See my effort below.

uk beauty blog nail art

 Image Source


The white base was done using Barry M Nail Paints in white and I used a black nail polish from the same range to do the dotting. The key is to vary the size and shape of the dots.


Sophy's work is so inspiring! Whenever I need some nail art inspiration I usually either visit her website or her tumblr.


No comments:

Post a Comment

i love comments i check out all your blogs :)