Saturday, March 10, 2012

Japanese Beauty Review - Melliesh Lipgloss in Nudy Beige

I recently reviewed a product from a brand called Dollywink headed by gyaru model Tsubasa Masuwaka and now I bring you another brand fronted by a gyaru model. This time the model in question is super cute Yui Kanno. Yui has her own blog which you can see here. Of course the blog is in Japanese so you'll need to use Google Translate to read it.

I'd heard and read so many good things about her makeup line Melliesh that I had to try it out myself so I ordered the lipgloss in Nudy Beige. Like most Japanese beauty products the packaging is super cute. It features the model's image. Western lipglosses are almost always sold without any packaging except for the tube itself but this isn't the case with Japanese products and although i adore the packaging I tend to think it is just a waste to create packaging that isn't needed. So here are some images of the lipgloss.

uk beauty blog melliesh lipgloss

uk beauty blog melliesh lipgloss

uk beauty blog melliesh lipgloss

uk beauty blog melliesh lipgloss

uk beauty blog melliesh lipgloss

uk beauty blog melliesh lipgloss

uk beauty blog melliesh lipgloss


I had high expectations of this lipgloss but I was left hugely disappointed. The formula is very thick maybe due to the fact it is a gloss and concealer combined. Applying it was a nightmare as it is hard to work with. It applies unevenly and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get it to even out. It feels very sticky too. Gloss tended to settle on the inside parts of my lips and gather there.

On the plus side I love the colour and it is long lasting compared to most of the glosses I've tried in the past. Would I buy it again? No. I really find it hard to see why this lipgloss is so popular as I found it a nightmare to apply. I would still like to try other Melliesh products but I will be shying away from their lipglosses. I'll be sticking with Dollywink glosses instead as they apply like a dream and are still long lasting.

What Japanese brands do you guys love? Have you tried any Melliesh products?

8 comments:

  1. Perhaps just use it as a bit of gloss in the middle of the lip over lipstick if it's hard to work with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use quite a few Japanese brands but I really like high end ones which can be a little harder to get hold of. Otherwise I really like cheaper brands like K-Palette and Heroine Make for eyeliner. Oooh I also like Majollica Majorca which is a drugstore brand from the makers of Shiseido...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Majollica Majorca is a great brand I love it too.

      Delete
  3. Very cute packaging and I like the color as well!
    Great post!

    <3 Marielley

    www.lusciousmarielley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou :) The Japanese do cute packaging so well.

      Delete
  4. Oh dear! This looks like a bad concealer/lipgloss combo... which is a very hard combination to perfect! Sorry you did not have better luck... =( but thanks for sharing!

    Love & Lollies... Jessa

    Confessions of the Cupcake Countessa

    ReplyDelete

i love comments i check out all your blogs :)