Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Michael Van Der Ham & Simone Rocha for Topshop

Topshop are well known for their support and collaborations with emerging fashion design talent and their collaboration earlier in the year with David Koma helped introduce him to the masses. So I'm very excited to hear that on the 15th Sept (the day before London Fashion Week starts) they are launching two new collaborations with designers Michael Van Der Ham and Simone Rocha.

Michael Van Der Ham is a Dutch born designer who has an MA from legendary design school Central St Martins. He has also completed an internship at Alexander McQueen thus cementing his fashion training. His designs are a mesh of different influences, fabrics and cuts and his Topshop collection stays true to his design ethos. His clothes are perfect for the woman who likes to be brave and bold in her fashion choices whilst retaining an ease of wearability. I love his use of colour in this collection as autumn/winter collections can often lack bright hues. It's a breath of fresh air.

uk beauty blog topshop

uk beauty blog topshop

uk beauty blog topshop

uk beauty blog topshop

Simone Rocha is the daughter of legendary fashion stalwart John Rocha but she's not just successful due to her name. This girl has real, raw talent. Since graduating from Central St Martins with an MA in 2010 she has shown her collections on schedule with Fashion East. Her pieces combine femininity with a love of texture. Classic pieces are updated with her unique design flair to create a unique looking item of clothing. Florally textured fabrics and sheers are a mainstay of her collections and her her capsule collection for Topshop features her signature sheer sleeves.

uk beauty blog topshop

uk beauty blog topshop


uk beauty blog topshop

uk beauty blog topshop

Both collections launch on September 15th in selected stores on Topshop.com




bloglovin

12 comments:

  1. I see her passion for textures so clearly, & that royal blue dress mixed with pale texture has me wishing I went to the infamous Central St. Martins, lol.
    Really love the colours here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Simone Rocha pieces. very chic. thanks for sharing lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bright trousers I like it when topshop collaborate with up and coming designers. They used to have an entire collection called the LENS collection for men by various different young designers, but recently it seems to have disappeared.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tasty signature sleeve shirts! all in the little details that I always adore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too bad I'm only in New York (and near a Top Shop) 'til Saturday. I'll have to check out the collection online. Wish you could be here with all us bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those pink trousers are GORGEOUS! 

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg those pants are AMAZING! Too bad we won't have this in USA :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Michael Van Der Ham's collection is gorgeous. I love the structured style pieces and love the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty. My favorite is the skirt! I love when you introduce new collections to us... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you had a top time with Long Tall Sally. Wow, I love these, especially the turquoise trousers! Plus I'm looking out for a shirt with different coloured sleeves but in more autumnal colours, love!
    I love Topshop for always supporting new designers, just wish Jane was still there. What is the fashion of Topshop like these days? I can't get my head around their newsletters!
    x.o.x.o

    ReplyDelete

i love comments i check out all your blogs :)