Friday, November 25, 2011

Christian Blanken Spring/Summer 12



















Those of you who've perused my LFW coverage of the SS12 shows will already know that I'm a huge fan of Dutch born designer Christian Blanken. His SS collection stays true to his luxe sportswear roots but has a feminine edginess.

He combines textures and shapes in a way that makes the collection utterly wearable. The tailored tops and trousers can easily take you from the office to the bar. Standout pieces include stingray print coupled with diamante detailing and grecian inspired dresses that drape in all the right places.

The colour palette is bang on trend and includes black, metallic greys and of course dusty pinks to utilise the pastel hues that have been evident through a lot of the Spring/Summer LFW shows.

I was lucky enough to see the collection up close and personal today and meet the talented designer in person. His passion for design was immediately apparent and I found him to be immensely charming, personable and easy to converse with. This is a designer who really appreciates and values bloggers. I must admit that meeting him was a little intimidating but also completely awe inspiring. I didn't think it was possible but I'm an even bigger fan of his work now. There's nothing like meeting a designer whose work you admire. It's rare for me to find a collection that I'd wear in its entirety. I'll usually like a few pieces but I can honestly say I'd wear every single piece but if I have to choose then I'd definitely choose the jackets!

Christian Blanken SS12 is available from Jan 2012 with selected dresses available now in Harrods.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i love comments i check out all your blogs :)