Friday, March 2, 2012

Beauty - Urban Decay Mariposa Palette - Review & Photos

uk





uk




uk




uk




uk




uk




uk




uk










I've been a fan of Urban Decay for a long time (especially the priming potions) but I never really 'got' all the hype over their naked palettes. But then I'm not a huge fan of a palette that contains only nude colours as I love a bit of colour. So I was interested to try out the Mariposa palette. It has been out for a few months now and is priced at £28. So first of all lets talk packaging. I am actually not a huge fan of the packaging as I love pretty things but it does the job and I love the embossed butterfly on the tin. Fingerprints show up pretty easily on theis kind of packaging though.

I love the assortment of colours in this palette. There are a couple of nude-ish colours included as well as some jewel tones and some darker colours perfect for achieving the classic smoky eye. The colours aren't too shimmery either. I'm not a huge fan of overly shimmery colours as it makes them unsuitable for day wear. So let us break down the shades included:

Rockstar – A jewel toned purple, it glides on easily and a little goes a long way. Good pigmentation.

Gunmetal – A brilliant charcoal shade which is a great basis for the aforementioned smoky eye.

Skimp – A nude beige tone. Great base colour.

Infamous – A lovely bright purple that is actually quite wearable. Lighter than rockstar.

Wreckage – A brown-gold that has a slight sheen to it. One of my favorite shades.

Haight – An almost baby blue colour, applies extremely easily.

Money – A shimmery grey-green. Unique colour, not heavily pigmented I needed a few layers to get it to show on my dark skintone.

Mushroom – A gorgeous taupe hue. Works well with some of the darker shadows.

Spotlight – Bronze hued and quite glittery. One of my least fave colours in the palette.

Limelight – Quite similar to spotlight but a little more gold toned.



The palette comes with a good quality mini brush. No shredding occured even after cleaning. Overall I think this is an extremely good palette that can be used to achieve a variety of looks. It is the perfect palette to take you smoothly through from day to night. At £28 it is good value for an Urban Decay palette. The tin would fit easily in a handbag or suitcase so it is great for transporting a wide variety of colours in the minimum space possible. The colours apply well and last very well. Would I get it again? A resounding yes!!

£28 from Look fantastic

Have you tried this palette? What did you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

i love comments i check out all your blogs :)