Tuesday, December 7, 2010

39-39 : 'Unique Products and Art'

Once in a while I stumble across a shop or site online that really takes my breath away. 39-39 is one such shop, located in London but with a store online too. I discovered this store after reading posts on fashionary sketchbooks on the blogs of style bubble and Scientist Chic. 39-39 sells a wide variety of products from all over the world but the online store has a distinctive far east flavour. From  swavorovski encrusted watches to scarves made in Havana, innovative Japanese storage, prints from artist Yuko Kondo who incidentally is exhibiting his work in the store throughout Dec and Jan.

Yuko is a royal college of Art graduate who has exhibited all over the world including Japan and who takes a lot of inspiration from pro wrestling surprisingly. He actually wanted to be a pro wrestler but was deemed too skinny.


 


 

39-39 is located at 

The Basement, Life
2-4 Old Street, London
EC1V 9AA, UK

Tel: +44 (0)20 7253 3129

E-mail: info@39-39shop.com

Web:  http://39-39shop.com

[caption id="attachment_999" align="aligncenter" width="480" caption="Bulldog Ring"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_998" align="aligncenter" width="480" caption="Casio Baby G Customised by 39-39"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1000" align="aligncenter" width="480" caption="Fashionary sketchbooks"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1001" align="aligncenter" width="480" caption="Soundtrack Scarf"][/caption]

I'm paying them a visit next time I visit the capital.

Fuyume!

 

8 comments:

  1. Ooh, these are great!
    I'll have to pop in to 39-39 next time I'm in London :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will take one of those scarfs when you go!!! LOL
    You will have to let us know what you find!

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm enjoying the colourful graphic you led with. I'm also enjoying the way you keep changing up your blog background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep changing it because i'm never completely satisfied with my layout lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely will i really want one of those fashionary sketch pads they are pre printed with women's bodies on them to aid with fashion design :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thx for commenting rebecca. I love you and samuel's blog (http://tokyotelephone.com)

    ReplyDelete

i love comments i check out all your blogs :)